This course introduces you to the possibility of setting up various types of companies in Malaysia. It includes types of companies which comprise companies limited by shares, companies limited by guarantee, unlimited companies exempt private companies and foreign companies. The different characteristics of private and public companies are also discussed. Besides that, the technical know how of the process of incorporation is introduced, as well as the procedure of name search and reservation of the company, filing of relevant documents, stamp duties and fees payable for the incorporation are explained in detail. The logic of mandatory conduct of first directors meeting and the importance of complying with the legislature in commencement of business by companies are also elaborated.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Describe the rules, procedures and requirements of various compliance issues in relation to corporate administration of various types of companies.
2. Register a company based on compliance of Companies Act, 1965.
3. Comply with legislative requirement pertaining to formation of companies.
4. Discuss the duty and liability of non-compliance in relation to company.
5. Advise on proper compliance of law pertaining to daily activities of company.
6. Advise on procedure of liquidation of a company.