The prospectus has to be legible and in a type size not less than 8-point Times. All pages in the prospectus must be numbered and blank pages must contain words stating that they are intentionally left blank. The draft supplementary prospectus must be submitted in its final/complete form in triplicate to the SC together with a compliance schedule.
To register the prospectus, the following are some of the documents that must be submitted with the prospectus:
1. an application for registration of the supplementary prospectus.
2. any fees payable for registration.
3. Directors’ Responsibility Statement for the supplementary prospectus.
4. if the Directors’ Responsibility Statement for the supplementary prospectus is signed by an agent or alternate director, there shall be clear reference made to the responsibility statement of such fact.
5. original written authorisations by directors appointing any agents to sign the supplementary prospectus on their behalf.
6. original copies of all letters of consent, e.g., experts’ consents. The consent letter is to be dated close to the date of registration and issue of the prospectus.
7. copy of letter of approval from any other relevant authorities.
8. certified copies of all material contracts disclosed in the supplementary prospectus, and in the case of contracts not reduced into writing, a memorandum which gives full particulars of the contracts.
9. a copy of the application form.
10. an additional copy of the supplementary prospectus for lodgement with the Registrar of Companies.
11. letter of confirmation from the adviser that the registrable copy of the supplementary prospectus has incorporated all changes as required.
12. letter of confirmation from the adviser that the printed copy of the supplementary prospectus will be the same as the registrable copy of the supplementary prospectus registered with the SC.
13. letter of confirmation from the adviser that the electronic copy of the supplementary prospectus will be the same as the registrable copy of the supplementary prospectus registered with the SC.
14. letter of confirmation from both the adviser and the board of directors of the corporation in respect of the translation of the supplementary prospectus (where applicable).
15. a soft copy of the registrable supplementary prospectus in PDF format.
16. a copy of the advertisement of the supplementary prospectus published in respect of the supplementary prospectus and written notice to the applicants; and
17. any other relevant or new documents which are the subject matter of the supplementary prospectus.
Where a notice/advertisement is published in respect of a supplementary prospectus, the notice shall state:
1. that the supplementary prospectus has been registered
2. the date of the supplementary prospectus
3. the place where a copy of the supplementary prospectus can be obtained, and
4. that any issue of securities to which the prospectus relates will only be made on receipt of a form of application referred to in and accompanying a copy of the prospectus.
The notice or advertisement shall be published in a widely circulated “Bahasa Malaysia” newspaper and English newspaper, where relevant. In addition, the written notice together with the supplementary prospectus shall be sent to each applicant.