By the end of this unit, you should be able to:
1. Describe the legal requirements and process involved in raising capital via prospectus and circular with prospectus.
2. Explain the governing legislations on arrangement and reconstruction, and the procedures involved in the scheme or arrangement.
3. Describe the law on receivership and the principles of receivership derived from case law.
4. Prioritise the claims of debenture holder secured by charge and conversant of powers of the Board in the event of appointment of a receiver and the liabilities of a receiver.
5. Describe the law in relation to winding up and the process of winding up.